Entrances To Hell | America's Most Beautiful Neighborhoods | Kristin Davis Talks Travel

Friday, October 21, 2011
Grandma may be breathless over her trip to the Holy Land and your cousin may want to go snowboarding at Heavenly, but most people receive more personal recommendations to go to one place more than any other. That place is, of course, Hell.

Legend has long held that there are passageways that lead to the underworld. In the spirit of Halloween, we've found 10 possible entrances to the ultimate pit of despair ranging from the innocuous (a lovely town in Norway) to the decidedly warmer (a perpetual fire in Turkmenistan).

Photo: rapidtravelchai/Flickr

PHOTOS: America's Most Beautiful Neighborhoods
Passenger Goes Crazy, Starts Stripping In Flight
China's Great Wall Collapsing
PHOTOS: Carhenge, A Nebraska Landmark, Is Up For Sale
Fake Croc Prank Confuses English Paper About Dangers Of Aussie Beach
BLOG POSTS
Kirsten Alana: Friday Photo: Pink
In my travels I've met many women going through treatment, celebrating having just completed treatment or marking a cancer-free milestone. Most of these encounters have been in a tropical place proving I'm not alone in my love for a beach.
Winnie So: Talking To Kristin Davis About Travel As A Catalyst for Action
"The first time I went [to Kenya], I had the guilt. I was just handing money out. I really was having that weird, stunned feeling. The thing is, when I feel that guilt, I come to Singapore to talk about it. I try to funnel it towards action."
Eliza Deacon: PHOTOS: Tanzanian Tug Of War Pits Leopard Against Crocodile
It was an epic battle that pitted the power house of an ancient dynasty against a smaller, more agile opponent.
Rick Steves: WATCH: The Sea In A Glass VIDEO
Mykonos is famous for its sturdy windmills and its steady winds.
Advertisement

Comments